This section covers the First Time setup of the flight controller including mounting to the frame, connecting it to the receiver and ESCs and then performing initial configuration and calibration. This section assumes that you’ve already chosen and built a frame and have selected your flight controller.
1.Install Mission Planner (Windows, Mac) or APM Planner (Windows, Mac, Linux) on your desktop or laptop computer which will be used to install ArduCopter on your flight controller and to perform the required calibration and configuration.
- Powering the Pixhawk, PX4 or APM2
- Mounting the GPS with Compass module
- Connecting the radio receiver
- Connect the ESCs/Motors
5. Hardware Configuration: Use Mission Planner to configure radio control, calibrate the compass and accelerometer, and select your copter’s orientation.
6. ESC Calibration>: ESCs must be calibrated before they can be used. This section guides you through calibrating ESCs automatically and manually.
7. Motor Setup: This page shows you how to test the spin directions of the motors, set them correctly, and attach propellers.
Done all the above? Then you’re ready for the First Flight.
Questions about this page? Comments? Suggestions? Post to APM Forum! Use the platform specific to your query, and make sure to include the name of the page you are referring to.