Install Mission Planner software and load firmware
- Download the Mission Planner Installer. (The downloads page still needs work)
- Run the installation utility, it will install any necessary software drivers.
- Select “Install this driver software anyway” if you are given this warning:
Note: If you get a DirectX installation error, update it here.
- You have now completed installation of the Mission Planner software.
Note: Mission Planner will notify you of any future updates, and with your permission it can upgrade itself. It is not necessary to run the installation utility again.
- Connect your APM or PX4 and computer via the micro USB port.
- Note: USB hubs may not provide adequate power, connect directly to your computer.
- Windows will recognize the APM and install the correct hardware driver.
- Note: If you get a message stating “driver not found”, help is here.
- Open Mission Planner.
- To connect through USB choose the port assigned to your APM (displayed as “Arduino Mega 2560) and set Baud rate to 115200.
NOTE: You do not need to hit “Connect” in order to load firmware onto your APM.
- Click the firmware tab.
- Choose your copter variant by clicking the appropriate icon. The Mission Planner will auto-detect your board type, download the latest firmware from the Internet, and load it on your APM board.
Note: +/x frame configuration will be selected later in setup.
- When the task bar is complete, your firmware is installed.